A U.S. client needs web based application which gives facility to create energy assessment report in PDF format after taking all inputs from end user. PDF report contains data in graphical mode and table mode as well.
Main Areas of Development:
- Preparing steps of Assessment
- Gather all data of assessment steps and display them in PDF
- Graphical representation of data
- Property locations on map
- ECM (Energy Conversion Measure)
- Dashboard access according to sign in user
- Needs dynamic images of property on dashboard
The main challenge of the project is creating graphical representation of data on website and exports the same in PDF. Final PDF report contains data of ECM, Scenario, Utility, Occupancy, Hours of Operation, etc.
The project has got divided into different modules:
Masters: Using this module, privileged users can add data into system.
User Management: This module gives facility to add, edit and delete existing users with their respective roles.
Property: This gives access to go through the list of properties already added. New property can be added from the same module as well.
Assessment: Using which users can create new energy assessment report. This is a core part of the whole application. This module contains number of steps to be filled by users and this input will be used in the final Energy Assessment Report (PDF).
Scenario: This module gives facility to create new scenario for the specific property.
ECM: ECM stands for Energy Conservation Measure. This is a sub portion of scenario section. One scenario may contain more than one ECM as well. And ECM data representation has also been done in graphical mode.
Report: Dynamic PDF has also been generated at the end of assessment steps. This is the PDF, we called ENERGY ASSESSMENT REPORT. This is a main output of the whole application.
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Web Server: IIS
- Scripting Language used: C#, Asp.Net MVC 3.0 Razor, .Net Framework 4.0
- Front End: HTML /CSS/ XML/ AJAX/jQuery
- Back End: SQL SERVER 2008 R2
- Development Tool: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010